Saturday, August 29, 2009

I am 11 months old!

Today was my 11 month birthday! I have not been feeling well and when Mami took me to the doctor on Wednesday, they told me that I had a virus. My breathing has been troubled and I am back on inhaling three times a day with my nebulizer. In the beginning, I really did not like that at all, but I am getting used to it. Papi thinks because I know that it actually helps me. My doctor also found an iron supplement that I can keep down and that has a nice flavor to it (even though Papi told me that I smelled like an iron pole).
Since I have been feeling sick, we had a quiet day. Mami and I walked to our landlord's office to pay the rent for September and I took a nice nap in the stroller. I have been sleeping a lot anyway and Mami was able to finish her work and also organize some of the pictures for my baby album. She told me that her goal is to get as many pictures as possible put in the album before my first birthday. Well Mami ... you better hurry up since there is only one more month until I will have my big FIRST birthday!
In the evening, we had lovely company from my friend Hazel and her mother and foster brother. We had a good time playing, getting wet outside (yes, can you believe it, but it actually rained quite a bit here today!), picking tomatoes, and eating "breakfast for dinner." Or maybe it was more "desert for dinner", like Becky suggested. Anyway, the waffles were good and I finally had some appetite again this evening. (And if you are wondering where Papi was ... he went fishing. He told me that he caught a steelhead, but that he lost it .... too bad!)

Mami seems to have a hard time getting a good picture of me since I am moving around and love to grab the camera.

A half-smile for the camera.


Thinking and talking ... and showing off the beautiful sweater that my Oma knitted for me.

I have been kissing a lot lately ... the fridge, Mami (not as much Papi though), the floor, and my toys ... I especially love to give sherbets and make the sound of it.

Becky preparing the delicious waffles.

There we go ... a big stack. Can the three of them really eat them all? (no, they could not, even though Matt was giving his best).

Hazel playing with the yarn and the blanket that she made out of the yarn for the puppet.

No comments: