Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

How many times do you have to repeat a custom until you can call it a "tradition"? I know that some people think that doing something special twice in a row already is to be considered a tradition ... but after all ... I think we can call our annual Thanksgiving dinner with Cheryl, Larry, Sarah and Grandma a tradition. We celebrated every Thanksgiving so far with Cheryl and her family. Initially, she probably just felt pity for these lonely foreigners (I got to know Cheryl at work) with no family anywhere close ... and now her family even puts up with Andrin! But to make this story short: We had another nice and relaxing Thanksgiving with Cheryl and her family. The food was marvelous like every year. This year, Sarah even learned how to carve the turkey (which is organic and does not need to roast in the plastic bag anymore, thanks to the new confection oven). We were responsible like every year (another tradition, I guess) for the dessert. Cheryl made it into a challenge since she requested it to be low-carb. But thanks to Google, I even found some low-carb recipes. Due to some challenges that we will not go into, the pumpkin-cheesecake was not just low-carb, but also NO eggs ... Thank you, Cheryl, Larry and Sarah, for having us over again!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Sounds like a great thanksgiving! A lovely tradition for sure. Our pumpkin cheesecake was most certainly NOT low carb however!!