It is a bad sign if your husband points out that you have not posted a new blog for quite a while ... but I think I have a good excuse: our boxes arrived on Tuesday morning (after being delayed for another day at the customs!) and I have unpacked about 60 boxes so far. There are a few left in Clemens' office (that I will not unpack) and our books are still in boxes in the living room because we already ran out of bookshelf space ... yes, I already made reservations for a rental car so that Bigna and I can take another trip to IKEA next Monday.
But this past week has been exciting for several reasons:
- Andrin started a playgroup three mornings. It is an English-speaking playgroup and ever since he is going there, he has been using more English words again. On Monday morning, I expected the worst and it was no problem at all. I dropped him off, helped him get settled and then left when he was absorbed in play. On Wednesday morning, Papa dropped him off and was told by the teachers to leave after a while and Andrin just cried and cried. They later told me that he went to a corner of the room and stood against the wall with his Teva sandals pressed to his face. When they checked on him after a while, he had his eyes closed and a smile on his face. They thought that he was fooling them and put him on the couch. He was actually asleep (standing, I know, how could he?) and slept for 30 minutes and then was happy as could be. On Friday, I dropped him off and he was crying after I left for a short while and then was happy.
- We have had a heat wave here and it has been difficult to keep everyone happy and comfortable. We took a lot of trips to the park to get into the cold water.
- Bigna has started to eat solids. She likes the rice cereal and also had some carrots. She loves to sit in her high chair (thanks, Jasper Mountain!!) and is sitting quite sturdy.
- Overall, it seems like Bigna just made a big jump in her development in the last week. She seems to be so much bigger and not the little baby anymore! Oh, did I mention that she already has her second bottom tooth?! She is now rolling all over the place and even turns herself during the night to her belly to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment