Saturday, April 17, 2010

Amigurumi

One of my coworkers really got me into trouble here ... She left one day a catalog laying on our desk (she is the proud co-sharer of our door-desk in our office!) since she knows that I like to knit ... it was love at first sight. I had heard about this Japanese tradition a little while ago, but only in the context of crocheting them. And to be honest, I do not consider myself to be a good crocheter. But then I discovered with the help of my dear coworker the possibility of KNITTING these little creatures. My hands have been busy lately (and I have been glad that I have to count and follow the pattern, which keeps my head off all the thoughts that are whirling around at the moment ...) and I just wanted to show off these little creations ... Right now, I am working on a red ant.

I just finished this one yesterday and Andrin already can say "Schnaegg" (snail). He kept walking around with it yesterday, saying Schnaegg over and over again.

The snail, starfish, and an earthworm ...

The vegetable collection: tomato, cucumber, carrot, pea, and eggplant. Since Andrin is playing with these creations, I wanted to influence him with some healthy food choices ... :)

No comments: