We had a long time to prepare for this good bye, but it is still surreal and hard to accept ...
Last night, my beautiful godmother lost her battle with cancer!
Last night, my beautiful godmother lost her battle with cancer!
There are really no words to describe our relationship ...
You were in my life since before I was born ...
And you were there for every little step of it ...
At times, you probably knew more about me than my parents ...
All the teenage drama, all the secret crushes ...
You never failed to give words of encouragement and hope ...
Even though you at times struggled to see light in your life ...
I am so grateful that you were able to let go, Gotti ...
And that you do not have to suffer any more ...
You wanted us to let go as well ...
But I will not let go of all my beautiful memories that I will cherish forever ...
You were my three-folded godmother ...
and so much more to me (and my family) ...
I cannot yet imagine what it will mean to not have you here anymore ...
I will always love you, Gotti!
And you were there for every little step of it ...
At times, you probably knew more about me than my parents ...
All the teenage drama, all the secret crushes ...
You never failed to give words of encouragement and hope ...
Even though you at times struggled to see light in your life ...
I am so grateful that you were able to let go, Gotti ...
And that you do not have to suffer any more ...
You wanted us to let go as well ...
But I will not let go of all my beautiful memories that I will cherish forever ...
You were my three-folded godmother ...
and so much more to me (and my family) ...
I cannot yet imagine what it will mean to not have you here anymore ...
I will always love you, Gotti!
Visit with my US host family at your favorite place on earth, the Bergli (little mountain) where you will also be resting in peace ...
Our visit last summer in Alpnach/Switzerland ...
we changed plans and stayed longer because we feared that it would be our final good bye ...
And all the beautiful memories ...
that no picture can capture ...
all the words that will stay with me forever ...
I cannot say how much I will miss you!
that no picture can capture ...
all the words that will stay with me forever ...
I cannot say how much I will miss you!
1 comment:
I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like your Gotti was a beautiful woman who meant so much to you. I certainly don't like this part of life! I hope you find comfort in knowing she not longer is in pain and lived a very full life...as your post certainly showed. I loved the photos of Andrin with her last summer. Such a special time for all of you.
Post a Comment