Monday, October 10, 2011

It is quiet ... are we missing something?

It is very quiet at home ... not just in the evening, but also during the day. And when Bigna is sleeping, it is even quieter ... Oh no, Mami forgot to take Andrin home after our visit at Oma and Opa's house!
Yes, our big boy had his first sleep-over and vacation at Oma and Opa's house. We are so proud of him! On Sunday, Mami and the children left the house early to give Papi the opportunity to do some serious work on his grant proposal. We first stopped in Lucerne and visited Omama in her new apartment. From there, we went to Oma and Opa's house. Andrin was so excited to get there. We had a good and relaxing day. Since the weather was surprisingly nice (against all the weather forecasts), we decided to go on a little walk on the "gnome path." Well, our boy had a different idea and did not want to walk and I did not take the stroller with us ... We ended up walking down to the animal shelter and he was happy there. But now listen to this smart boy: I had told him that there would be no ice cream for boys that do not walk to see the gnomes. At the animal shelter, they had garden gnomes all over the place and he looked at me and said with a big smile on his face: Now I can get my ice cream!
After an early dinner, I asked him if he wanted to stay the night with Oma and Opa and he was all excited about the idea. I also reminded him that he did not need to cry when I left. He went upstairs to get his bed ready with Oma and then asked to visit the neighbors, Teddy and Fraenzi, who have a little farm. He was all ready to leave and said "goodbye Mami" and wanted to get out the door. Well, that was a little bit too sudden for Mami! We then had a proper goodbye outside and I was so surprised because he did not cry and was waving at me driving off in his frog rubber boots at the side of the road.
According to Oma and Opa, he has done really well. But it seems like he is getting a little bit homesick and he thus will be coming back home tomorrow. We all will be happy to have him back!

No comments: