Since Bigna is walking on her own now, we decided that she needed to get her first shoes. We had a family outing planned to mark this special occasion, but I guess we were expecting too much. Bigna was overwhelmed and did not want to put anything else than her owl slippers on her feet. Since we thought that she might have been tired, we decided to take the trip to the shoe store after Easter. Well, it turns out that she most likely was not just tired, but also just not like anything else than the slippers that she is used to on her precious feet. Funny, right? You might expect a girl to behave another way ... but I guess it might change in a few years. So I took her shoe shopping on Tuesday and it was rough and difficult. We were able to go on our own because Andrin was spending some alone time with Oma and Opa (he had to come back because we had an appointment at the pediatrician, but he told Oma and Opa that we would go back home with them after the appointment for more vacation time!). Bigna just did not want anyone to touch her feet, especially not the shoe clerk. We finally were able to walk out of the shoe store after about 45 minutes with a pair of shoes ... I guess I prefer our opinionated boy who tells you exactly what kind of shoe he likes and what color is has to be (preferably pink:).
 |
| "Let's just take these shoes out, I think the box is way more interesting to explore ..." |
 |
| "How fun, I can close the box with the lid and then open it up again ..." |
 |
| "I think Mami is trying to trick me, putting these shoes back on the box .. How should I open it now?" |
 |
| "Let's see, maybe I can lay down right next to them and sneak up on them." |
 |
| "Maybe I can open up the box without touching the shoes ..." |
 |
| "What do they smell like?" |
 |
| "Ok, I will touch them ..." |
 |
| "And then just reorganize them ..." |
 |
| "But now, it is time to get back to my raisins. What is the fuss about the shoes anyway?" |
 |
| At the end, Mami was even able to convince Bigna that she was only able to go outside with the shoes on ...I am not quite sure if she is making such a face because of the sun or the shoes on her feet. She kept looking at them ... |
1 comment:
What a sweet & funny story, Femeke. I cannot believe how quickly she is growing up!
Post a Comment