Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures/movies to document our experience cutting our Christmas tree ... Andrin did not like his first Christmas tree cutting experience and was crying quite a lot (but I think it also was the beginning of another growth spurt that continued today :). That meant that unfortunately Papi had to carry the tree back to the car all by himself (it would have been quite the picture, because it looked like there was just a tree walking down the street ...).
Before we got our Christmas tree, we were part of the annual Christmas Tree Trimming party at my work place. It is always so fun to see the children's eyes light up with joy and them getting on the ladder to place "their" ornament in the right spot. And of course, they also prepared some songs again this year and they did a great job.
And then I wanted to share a discovery with you ... I know from my parents that I always used to start singing as a child when I would get tired. I guess the tradition lives on, but Andrin does not (yet) sing, but he "talks" (I do not know where he got it from that he is such a big talker ...) just before he falls asleep. Clemens and I noticed it during the night and always have to hold back our giggles and laughs because Andrin is having a blast in his crib (with laughing, talking, giggling, ...). And today, I took Andrin for a walk despite some rain in the Baby Bjorn. He was looking around and was talking up a storm. Even though he clearly was tired, he had to tell me all these stories before he finally was able to fall asleep.
1 comment:
Nice job with the tree, Clemens! Way to use those arms for something other than casting a spey rod! ;)
Oh, and I hate to break it to you, but certainly all the talking comes from his Mami! :) It's ok though, as we love to hear what you have to say, Femeke!
Post a Comment