Saturday, December 6, 2008

Visit with my uncle Jorrit






I met another of my family members (so far, I only smelled and felt my Oma): my uncle Jorrit (my Mami's brother). Even though he told my Mami that he does not really like newborn babies, he came to visit. It was a lot of fun and I had the chance to play with him. I think he will be a good Papi himself one day! He also knew exactly how to talk with me and we had some good discussions (he told me everything about my Mami and how it was to grow up with her ...). I think he did not mind that much that I was crying at night because he had a jet lag from his trip from Switzerland. And this morning, he left really early because he is heading down the coast to San Francisco to meet with his friend Fillipo that he met while he lived in China and his host family that he lived with about 11 years ago when he was an exchange student in California. I woke him up and he got an early start because I decided that I did not want to sleep between 2.00 and 4.00 am. (I think my Mami guessed that something like that was coming since I slept all afternoon yesterday and she could not keep me awake at all.) But I had a lot of fun with my uncle Jorrit and cannot wait until he will be back Wednesday (maybe I will be able to go to sleep easier by then ... I am sure that my parents would love that to happen:)



1 comment:

Dr. Powell said...

Wow! Your brother looks so much like you!