I love Christmas ... even though I have to say that I have a hard time getting in the mood with no snow and usually not really cold temperatures. But I guess I cannot complain because it has been cold (it is getting warmer though, and yes, our water is back on) and there is some snow (and ice) in the weather forecast. Last week, I put up some of our decorations and this week, I have made a list of Christmas cookies to bake and actually already tackled this task. We have Zitronenherzli (lemon cookies), Zimtsterne (cinnamon stars), and shortbread so far. I hope to also make some Spitzbueben (sorry, no real translation here :) this weekend. We are also planning to cut our Christmas tree again. But more about that adventure later ...
Saturday, December 12, 2009
This is the season ...
I love Christmas ... even though I have to say that I have a hard time getting in the mood with no snow and usually not really cold temperatures. But I guess I cannot complain because it has been cold (it is getting warmer though, and yes, our water is back on) and there is some snow (and ice) in the weather forecast. Last week, I put up some of our decorations and this week, I have made a list of Christmas cookies to bake and actually already tackled this task. We have Zitronenherzli (lemon cookies), Zimtsterne (cinnamon stars), and shortbread so far. I hope to also make some Spitzbueben (sorry, no real translation here :) this weekend. We are also planning to cut our Christmas tree again. But more about that adventure later ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If you need someone to sample your baking....
Post a Comment