Saturday, January 30, 2010

Amazing wonders of parenthood!

Since we all know that we consider our own children to be the smartest, I will stop short of saying anything to that matter ... But I just had to share what transpired yesterday when I put our cute little baby boy to bed. Andrin has been difficult to bed to bed, even for naps. We have been pretty consistent with a routine, and he finally seems to accept it. But since a few days, he only wants Mama to put him to sleep. We still hold him and sway him to sleep since we cannot take his screaming when we put him in his crib. So last night, Papa gave Andrin a bath and read some stories and then Andrin signaled that he was ready to go to sleep. I went upstairs and as soon as Andrin heard Papa talk to him, he already got upset because he knew that I was around. We read some more books and then Andrin took me for a walk into the hallway. I already thought that it would be like last night when he only fell asleep when Papa and Mama were present. But this was different ... and amazing. Andrin went to the gate at the top of the stairs and pointed to the Ergo that I had put there before. I asked him if I had to put it on and he signaled to it again. I put it on and Andrin signed that he wanted to get up and nestled himself into the Ergo and was asleep in a matter of minutes. I have to say though that I have been putting Andrin to sleep for his afternoon nap in the Ergo, so it is not a totally new concept for him. But I was amazed how he is able to communicate what he needs and how quickly he gets used to routines.

No comments: