Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Keeping a secret!
I just had to share this story ... We already decided on our baby girl's name (in fact, we already knew and decided a day after we found out that we were having a baby girl which is quite amazing and surprising since we could not decide when we were having Andrin and were looking (oh, we were so ahead of ourselves:) for girl's and boy's names.) Andrin is aware of the name and as soon as he started addressing Mami's growing belly with the baby girl's name, I had second thoughts. Now, I have these wonderful friends .... wonderful, but curious and noisy .... They went online right away when I gave away that it is a Swiss name and that is starts with a B (and no, we will not aim to go through the entire alphabet like a coworker suggested). But I checked it out as well and it will not show up. So someone shared a little secret with me: My dear friends have been asking Andrin about our baby girl's name. I am pretty sure that he probably gave the name away, but that they could not make sense of it since it is a Swiss name. After I found out about this probing and questioning, I had a talk with Andrin about it being a secret. And now listen to this: One dear friend tricked him this morning into playing a "game" with her. She, of course, asked him about the baby's name and what did our smart little boy say? "no, tell." And when he was asked again, he just said that she is called "baby." Just exactly like Mami told him to do! I am actually really surprised that he remembered all this and kept it a secret. But I am sure that my dear friends will come up with another sneaky tactic!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
very smart boy! ;-) liebe grĂ¼sse aus der verschneiten schweiz, thomas
I give up! I don't want to get sweet Andrin in trouble! :) I suppose I can WAIT a few more months. Darn!
Post a Comment