Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cooking eggs (Only ten minutes until dinner is ready)

Our little boy just brings a smile on my face every day and sometimes just a big loud laugh. He surprises you with his wit, his humor, his intelligence (I know, every parent believes that their child is the smartest ..), and his unbelievable creativity. Working with severely damaged children, I know how beautiful it is to discover the creativity of play ... Well, we do not have to teach our little boy that one. Today, I was preparing dinner and he joined me. He kept repeating "just ten minutes until dinner is finished" and then would prepare his dinner in a matter of second and offer me an egg ... And of course I had to thank him like he always thanks me for cooking such a good dinner (do not ask me where he got that from ...) These moments let me forget all the minutes spent sitting right next to him in the middle of the night because he decides that it is not time for him to sleep and that he can only sleep when Mami is sitting right there (he is making progress though, he pointed out himself that he did not cry, but that he was just calling for me with "Mama, ..." But you should have heard the intensity of that "Mama!!!!!!!" over and over again ...)

No comments: