Wednesday, January 7, 2009

First day back to work

Just a quick update on our day today ... (thanks for all the support I got!): Andrin had actually a pretty good night, but Mami had a difficult time sleeping since I was thinking about going back to work and could not sleep. We made it to Jasper around the time that I intended to be there and that without any stress. Andrin even enjoyed the car ride and was "talking" with me (he has not been enjoying car rides lately). I then nursed Andrin at daycare (which is just up the hill from my office) and then left him there in the wonderful care of our daycare ladies. I made my way down the hill the hill and it felt lonely without my baby boy! In the beginning, time went by really slowly, but then it flew by. I was really proud that I picked him up after two hours and not earlier. They told me that he had taken a nap and as soon as they tried to put him down, he was awake again (I guess they did not really believe me when I told them about his little "habit" ...:) When I got up there to get him, I talked with one of the daycare ladies and he got upset when he heard my voice and I did not take him right away in my arms. He cried and wanted to be nursed again, but after two minutes, he seemed to be assured that Mami was back and that he was not that hungry after all. Andrin spent the rest of the day with me. I am proud of myself since I actually got some things done. He was a sweetheart and even though he only took two more catnaps, he was not cranky. At the moment, he is sleeping in his crib. We had our support group for first time parents today and he actually feel asleep on our car ride home. I know that not every day will go as smoothly, but Andrin proved me that I worried too much!

2 comments:

Dr. Powell said...

Somehow it always seems to be so much worse for the moms then for the kids... they could really careless! especially at his age! haha. Well, nevertheless, I n very proud of you! Nice job on your first day!

Becky said...

Yes, very well done Femeke!! :) Sure was nice seeing you back around the place...especially love that new "package" you wear around sometimes. :)