But first, some sad and troubling news ... My Dutch (maternal) grandparents are not doing well. We suspected that my grandma got dementia and it is getting worse and worse. So far, my grandfather always was able to keep the household running (they live in a duplex on their own with some extremely step staircases ... I am not exaggerating on this :) But last Sunday, my grandpa fell out of bed and we still do not really know what happened. He is supposed to go to the hospital tomorrow to be observed (he has been on a waiting list). The same day, my Oma seemed to give up as well and she has not been eating and is only laying in bed all day ... I wonder if she sensed that my Opa is overwhelmed and thus does not want to go on. My parents will be there the middle of February (right now, my aunt is there helping out) and hope to get some things arranged. Just thought that I would let you know that it has been on my mind lately .... Here we are with a baby that is at the beginning of the life span and then we are reminded of our eternity so quickly. When we left Switzerland three years ago, I somehow had the feeling that we probably would not see my Oma alive again ..
But now let met tell you what Andrin, Clemens and I have been doing this past week (I certainly will include some pictures to document it).
On Monday, we usually have our Baby Sign Language class. This last Monday, it was cancelled because we celebrated Martin Luther King day. Andrin and I went to Old Navy to get him some new clothes. It is amazing how quickly our little boy grows. We have his four month checkup tomorrow and I will let you know then where he is at right now with weight, height, and so on ... They had an amazing sale at Old Navy. I did not get a shopping high like some people did, but I was not unhappy to see the great deals that I got.
On Tuesday and Wednesday, Andrin and I went to work. He spent two hours in daycare in the morning and I saw some children in that time. On Tuesday, he slept 20 minutes up there and on Wednesday, he did not sleep at all up in daycare. Whenever I pick him up, he wants to nurse right away and then is a happy boy again (which of course makes Mami feel good and needed). Work is keeping me busy. I had to write some reports and I am pretty proud of myself because I was able to write them at night as soon as Andrin went to bed. It seems to help him when he still hears us around and as some of my coworkers joked, he must have heard a lot of fast typing when I was pregnant with him. Being back at work is good. I enjoy the change and being able to feel like I am actually doing and accomplishing something. Andrin has been wonderful, even though he seems to like to voice his opinion whenever we have meetings. I had to leave the clinical team meeting because he was just tooooo loud. He was happy, but he was loud .... At the moment, his favorite distraction is being in front of the mirror. It always makes him laugh.
On Thursday, Andrin and I go to Sparkplug to dance and socialize. He loves to move around and he even feel asleep during the folk dance (there was a lot of bouncing and jumping involved). After that, we had a big day with lots of errands: getting gas, car wash (which seemed to calm him down), shopping at Safeway, going home for lunch, then shopping at Market of Choice, then visiting Papi at the lab and picking up some paperwork for the Swiss retirement fund.
On Friday, we went in the morning to the library. Andrin (and Mami) do not really like the lady who does it right now and there was some fussing ... but also a nap while Mami had coffee/tea with Becky and Madelyn.
On Saturday, we went to Newmans Fishmarket to get some Halibut. We had invited Keiko and John, the godfather, for dinner. Unfortunately, they were not able to come because John got sick. We all hope that he is feeling better today.
Today, we had a lazy day. It has been raining on and off and we will go for a walk in a little bit.
2 comments:
HELLO - Nice Haircut!!
You have a mommy haircut! :)
The pictures are wonderful. I love the one of you and Andrin, followed by the one of Clemens and Andrin.... funny how both you and Clemens seem to have less hair that before! Likely, this was not intentional for Clemens!!! haha! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks!
Post a Comment