

Yes, I will be going back to work tomorrow after staying home for 14 weeks (courtesy of my boss since I would only be allowed 12 weeks). Please do not ask me how I feel about it, because I am not entirely sure. On the one hand, I am looking forward to work with "my children" again and to interact with adults. I feel fortunate because I feel like I am part of a family at Jasper Mountain where I work. It makes it a little bit easier that I know that they are extremely forthcoming and supportive ... BUT ... how do I know that my "little" baby will be OK? What will they do in daycare if he cries? What if he misses me? I never imagined that it would be so hard to leave my baby. One of my coworkers mentioned that it is a good sign that I feel like I do ... because it means that I am attached to Andrin ... Sometimes it is not as easy to think as optimistic and positive. When I tell you that Andrin will be in day care only for two hours in the beginning, you probably will start to laugh and ask yourself why I am making this into such a big deal. But I also know that all the mommies out there will understand! The fact that I am going back to work is a little bit easier because Andrin will be only minutes away from me, I can continue breastfeeding, and I am allowed to bring him to work (there have been many offers of willing hands to hold him). Still, it will be hard ... (also the part about getting up in the morning since Andrin continues to struggle to sleep at night).
2 comments:
Good luck! I am sure it will be hard, but you can do it!
PS- He is getting SO big! Look at those rolls of fat under his chin and around his ankles! so cute. :)
You know my arms are always available to snuggle Andrin! I completely understand your emotions and feelings, and none of them are silly! You are a mommy and you are forever changed!! That said, we can't wait for you to be back tomorrow!! :)
Post a Comment