Sunday, March 20, 2011

Limits ...

(I just have to start with this little verbal exchange that awaited me when I returned from putting Andrin to bed for the night: Clemens has been asking me (and he even put it in our new "family calendar" ) about going fishing next Thursday. But now he also asked me if he can go fishing tomorrow. He insisted that it is the last March Brown Hatch (even though he had to admit that it is just the last March Brown Hatch for him ...) and that he cannot miss it ... Just keep this in mind when you read the following blog!)

Andrin is almost two and a half years old and it is normal (I guess I can say that after talking with friends with same-aged children and my own experience :) that he is testing limits. He is rather clever about these limits as these pictures will show:


Rule: It is ok to drink water in the living room, but we only drink Andrin's wine (he calls his rare syrup his wine) in the kitchen.
This is how close Andrin was pushing the limit:

(The linoleum is in our kitchen and the wooden floor leads to the living room ...)





Rule: We do not play with water in the living room, but we can play with the water in the kitchen (doing dishes, cooking, ...). Andrin tied the wagon to his leg and then just walked off with the wagon, pretending that he did not realize that the wagon was tied to his leg. In his wagon, he had all the pots filled with water ...

Do you think he knew what he was doing? I am pretty certain ...


One more step?


The wagon is still in the kitchen, you see?!



And this is what Bigna thinks about her brother's negotiations:
A little smile!

No comments: