Andrin and I made it! After a really long trip, Andrin and I arrived yesterday morning in Switzerland. We headed up to Portland on Wednesday night and spent the night at the hotel. I was optimistic because even though we were in a new enviornment, Andrin slept well and only got up twice during the night. Early Thursday morning, we left the hotel and drove to the airport. We did not have any major problems getting through security and everything. Unfortunately, we had to leave Papi behind (even though he was sad, he also was happz because he had the opportunity to go fishing at the Deschutes again :) Our flight from Portland to Philadelphia (five hours) was really smoth. Andrin actually slept quite a lot. I guess it was an early start for him and he was happz to catch a nap again. He even slept through the entire takeoff and did nto wake up at all. In Philadelphia, we had a short layover and then took off to Zuerich again. It was a longer flight (eight hours) and it was difficult. Andrin was really tired, but fought going to sleep for the longest time. He would fall asleep and whenever I tried sitting down with him, he woke up again and started crying. I think that his ears were bothering him. But finally, we were able to catch about 3 hours of sleep toward the end of the flight. We arrived a little bit delayed in Zuerich. For some reason, we had to wait a long time at the gate in Philadelphia and then before takeoff due to heavy rainfall.
Once in Zuerich, we were welcomed by Oma and Opa Britschgi and Opa Cabernard. We drove to Alpnach together. There, Andrin met his Omama (my grandmother) and we all had lunch together. After lunch, we went for a stroll with the borrowed stroller (I already miss the BOB!). Andrin went to sleep around 7.00 pm, after I kept him up and occupied because I wanted him to start getting into a routine again. By the time I was ready for bed, Andrin was ready to be awake again. It was a long and difficult night!
1 comment:
Wow. You are amazing. :) Super mom for sure Femeke! I hope that Andrin quickly adjusts (you too) to Swiss time. Take lots of pictures and know that you are missed back here...but we are so happy for you to have this time back HOME with your family. Enjoy. (Hope Clemens has good success fishing.)
Post a Comment