Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008

My Mami had to put me in my Chinese slippers today. Thank you, auntie Nicole!

I celebrated my first Halloween yesterday! My Mami wanted to buy me a Halloween costume, but my Papi said that he did not think that it would make sense and that we do not really celebrate Halloween because we are Swiss. I think I missed out on something! But my Mami told me that she will make me a costume for next year and that I will also have the chance to go from door to door.

As long as I do not get my own Halloween costume, I enjoy wearing my Mami's knitted sweaters and jackets. Please also note my socks and the soccer balls on them (a present from my Oma).

We went to our friends' house on Lincoln street. They had a lot of children (small and bigger) come by. We never have all these kids come by our house. When my Mami felt like she wanted some candy as well (she just finished nursing me), there was not even candy left. And the last (big) kids came by the house shortly before 10.00 pm. This was my first long outing at night and I think I handled it pretty well. My Mami had everything with her that I needed (mainly the milk buffet and sandwiches) and I spent a lot of time on my Papi's arms. But of course, I also felt hungry when they sat down to eat a wonderful dinner that their friends had cooked. There were a lot of special dishes for November 1st that they told us is celebrated widely in Spain. Unfortunately, I was not able to enjoy any of the dishes, but I smelled them.

Enjoying time with my Papi.

My Mami seemed to be a little bit anxious about the night since I was wide awake when we drove home after 10.00 pm. But she nursed me again and then I slept until 3.30 pm. My Papi even open his eyes for a glimpse on the alarm clock and asked my Mami in disbelief it if really was already 3.30 pm. Then I felt back asleep and did not wake up until 6.30 am. I enjoyed staying in bed a little bit longer today and cuddle with my parents. But after my 8.30 am breakfast, I was wide awake and did not fall back asleep until 11.00 am.

Papi thought that it was funny that my fist was still up in the air after he put me down in my bouncer.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Halloween Andrin! ( a day late) Yes, not a Swiss holiday...but your are not in Switzerland...so I wish you a very belated and happy Halloween! :)

Thomas Trawnika said...

Jööööö!!! Clementi, unrasiert und fern der Heimat... Ich dänke, Du söttsch Dich echli meh rasiere wänn dä chli Andrin uf Dini Bruscht nimmsch;-)) Cheers, Thomas

Dr. Powell said...

Well, even though there was no costume (Clemens! Listen to your wife! Next year there MUST be a costume!)... you are still the most adorable little boy. I hope you are enjoying your Oma's visit!