Sunday, November 9, 2008

I am six weeks old!


Today, I am six weeks old. In the last couple of days, I have changed a lot. My parents seem to be surprised and also proud of my development. But let me tell you what the changes are:
  • I discovered a way to sooth myself so that I do not have to use my Mami's breast all the time: I have fingers and a thumb that are really tasty and that I can put in my mouth to suck on.
  • I am awake a lot more and I am discovering my home and the world. I love all the contrasts and the black and white pictures that my parents put up. I love the dog with the spots. To my Papi's discontent, I am not really interested in the fish that he drew on the blackboard.
  • Being awake is so interesting that I do not want to go back to sleep. My parents tell me that I can sleep, but it is more fun to stay awake. But then, I get so tired that I have a hard time falling asleep.
  • At times, I am just happy laying on my patchwork quilt and do not want to be held anymore (this seems to be upsetting for my Mami who loves to cuddle with me ...).
  • In the evening, I have to test my lungs and usually have to cry hard, but not for long.
  • When I am crying, there are actually tears running down my cheeks. Before, there were no tears at all.
  • I continue to gain weight and Mami thinks that I have another growth spurt since I have been nursing more often the last couple of days.
  • I have been on outings and enjoy them. We were at a loud and noisy party for one of Clemens' coworkers and I just closed my eyes and slept. There were all these women wanting to hold me and not wanting to return me to my Mami (the same thing happened at my Mami's OB's office and Mami had to tell them that she REALLY would take me back home, lucky me!).
  • During the night, I am sleeping more. I usually fall asleep around 9.00 pm and then I do not wake up until 2.30 am. Sometimes, I do not have to get up again until 6.30 am, but sometimes, I need to have another snack around 4.30 am.
I hope that you believe that I am growing up now! Let me know if my arguments are not convincing enough!

P.S. I almost forgot one more thing: I had my first trip to Cosco with my friends. I definitely bet my Mami who first had to be 32 years old before she had this experience. What a big store! Thanks for the tour, guys! (and of course the food:)

No comments: