Last Wednesday was a special day for me and that for two really important reasons:
1. My Mom told me that they were going in the afternoon to the Christmas market in town. Every last Wednesday of November, there is a cute Christmas market in town that we used to go to. This year, it was special because my Godmother, Marianne, wished to go there. She has been battling cancer this last year (she did not tell me until I was well into my pregnancy with Andrin because she did not want me to worry ... I guess I am always surprised how well everyone else knows me ... because I worried anyway and you would understand if you would know my Gotti and how important she has been in my life!) and just finished her second round of chemotherapy. She is cancer-free and full of life and hope. Of course we hope that she will have a lot of years ahead of her and we really want her to meet Andrin next summer! So this is where my gratitude comes in. I am so grateful that Gotti is well and on her way of becoming her own self again.
2. 14 years ago (can you believe it?!), Clemens and I started dating ... The trip to the Christmas market was our first "official" date. I remember that I had piano lessons over lunch (we were off in the afternoon) and told one of his friends that he should call me. Well, when I got home, my Mami told me that he had called several times ... We went together to the Christmas market and he asked me on his birthday (which is coming up shortly, 12/1:) if i wanted to be his girlfriend ... And I guess most of you know where this (fairy tale) story is going to ... dating, moving in together, wedding, and now our biggest gift ... Andrin.
No comments:
Post a Comment