Sunday, November 30, 2008

What a night!

Wow ... I did not sleep really well tonight, but probably for other reasons that you might imagine! Clemens and I put down Andrin to sleep around 7.00 pm and he was able to go to sleep without too much crying after about 45 minutes. We then had a chance to eat our first dinner together uninterrupted (we had homemade pizza) and afterward sat down to watch a DVD together (which was not as funny as promised, even though I picked the movie out). Already during watching the DVD, we checked on Andrin several times ... it was just TOO QUIET! He was sleeping ... like a baby! Clemens once came down the stairs after a routine check and told me that I just had to go and check it out myself because Andrin was sleeping so peacefully and looked too cute. He had his little hands right next to his head and his little mouth forming his "O" (yes, the Ducks won the Civil War and he was supporting them even in his sleep:). During the night, I woke up several times ... NO, Andrin was NOT crying and wanted to be nursed ... on the contrary, he was sleeping until 4.00 am! I just could not believe it and was worried that he was not getting enough food, that he must be sick, that he stopped breathing (I know, this sounds weird, but once you have a little bundle you probably will understand:). I guess I held him a little bit too long after his 4.00 am feeding, since he was wide awake when I put him back in his crib. Clemens woke up and we laughed when we heard Andrin fall back asleep peacefully. He was talking, cooing, and even laughing! What a great way to fall back asleep! Andrin woke up at 7.00 am again, was awake for a little while and feel back asleep (with Papi). I know that this might have been just an extraordinary night ... but still! I guess our consistent bedtime routine is paying off and we are doing at least something right here.

No comments: