Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Visit to the doctor :)

Well ... we are lucky, Andrin does NOT have pink-eye. He has a plugged-up tear duct and a secondary bacterial infection. When I asked the doctor about any precautions and contagion, he told me that there was nothing to worry about. But then I mentioned about my plan to go to Birth to Three like every Wednesday and he suddenly became very concerned and then actually advised me NOT to go there. Suddenly, there was the slightest chance that Andrin might have pink-eye anyway! Well, we already know the weight for this week anyway: 11 pounds and 4 ounces (5170 g) (Andrin gained almost another pound, 450 g). Instead of being concerned about his eye (we just have to keep washing it and if it does not get better by Thursday morning, we have to pick up some eye drops), the doctor was concerned about Andrin's flat head and his tendency to hold his head always to the right side. (Yes, Clemens was right all along, I have to admit:) Clemens is currently doing the new "training" program with Andrin and Andrin does not seem to enjoy it that much ...

1 comment:

Dr. Powell said...

Well I am glad it is just a plugged duct (even though these are annoying for the little one!). Whats funny is that my other godson had one too! He is just now finally growing out of it, about a year later. Let's hope this is short term! (Oh and great job on the weight gain, Mami & Andrin!)