But let me tell you about my day home alone with Mami. Last night, I went to sleep after being nursed around 10.00 pm (for some reason, my Mami started calling me "tiger" and reminding me not to bite off her breasts ...). I woke up for a while around 1.00 am, but then I went back to sleep until 3.00 pm. I guess I took my Mami by total surprise. She had to wake up my Papi and tell him to check the alarm clock to see himself how long I had slept. Funny enough, she was surprised when I woke up 1 1/2 hours later and needed some milk again. Did she think that I could just miss some of that delicious milk? So I got milk again at 4.30 am and 7.00 am. Papi and Mami had talked about getting into a routine and I think I helped them with it. Papi went to the lab at 9.00 am, but he could hardly leave. He was giving me all these kisses and it felt like he thought that he was going to be gone for ages. During the morning, I was quite awake and thus also was hungry all the time. But I still gave my Mami a break and we both took a nice nap. At one point, I just had to cry for about 15 minutes. Mami kept telling me that she could not nurse me when I would cry so hard, but I did not want to stop crying. But I guess she was right, since I got a yummy meal after I stopped crying. In the afternoon, I slept until about 3.00 pm and then my Mami nursed me and packed me up. We went together with Rachel and Loic down to Market of Choice to get some stuff from dinner (Papi had written Mami a grocery list since she knew that she would not remember everything that she needed to get). Mami packed me into the stroller again and it went a lot better since I can hold my head so much better. At the store, a lot of people were looking at me and asked how old I am (I am just two weeks now!) and complimented my Mami on my looks (well, they have not seen my eyes:) After dropping off the groceries at home, we went with Rachel and Yves for a stroll around the block. Rachel had to get back in time to teach her evening classes at the University. We had another beautiful fall day. Just in time, we went back home. I opened up my eyes for the last few feets and enjoyed the nice sunshine and the scenery.
At the moment, I am playing with Papi. I am wide awake and Papi is surprised how much I am moving around. Well, they called me monkey baby for a reason while I was still in Mami's womb!
No comments:
Post a Comment