Friday, October 3, 2008

Update on our roof

Well, my great plan to "use" my belly did not work, but we took our precious little boy on Wednesday to our landlord's office. Of course I would like to believe that this made the big difference (I think that this what we could call the mothering hormones ...) But let me tell you about our experience. We walk into the office and we can see a woman working on her desk. Since she did not respond, I ring the bell. Nothing .... I look at Clemens and ask him if I should ring the (Maybe we needed a screaming newborn baby at this moment, but Andrin usually saves all these cries for keeping us up at night between 1.00 and 3.00 am :) I am getting frustrated. I decide to overrule my husband and ring the bell. There is a voice from somewhere in the back asking if he can help us. I ask where the voice is coming from and we stand in the middle of the big boss' office. (I never met this guy before). We tell him that we have the rent for October. He asks if we need a receipt and we say "yes, please." He looks at our check again and notices the address and mentions our roof. We take the opportunity and tell him that we would like to talk with him about it. He shows us the letter that the one contractor wrote him. Clemens explains to him that he talked with this guy and that he clearly told him that he not dare get on top of the roof! The landlord informs us that he got approval from the owner and that he hopes that we will have a new roof in a month!! Of course, he also has to mention that the prices have been going up and up and up ... I could not help myself to point out to him that we have been telling them about the situation with the roof for over a year and that they could have fixed it back then :) Well ... part of me really wanted to ask him if we could have everything in writing ... But we will keep you posted!

No comments: