Monday, October 20, 2008

I am three weeks old today!

Well, I am three weeks old today. I know, we have been a little bit quiet late, but I have been keeping my parents busy. They thought that they had it pretty much figured out with me ... but I showed them differently. If you ever hear them complaining about being sleep deprived, I think they have something worse to add to their list ... Mami trying to nurse me in the middle of the night and me not being in the mood for it. The time was right and everything (I have been on 3-4 hour sleep routine between being breastfeed during the night), I also was hungry, but I just decided that I had to cry first for an hour before I decided that I felt like eating ... And since they seemed to be surprised about my new move, I repeated this pattern again. Mami seemed to get desperate and Papi also complained about not being able to sleep!

But besides that, we actually had a good and quiet weekend. We had visitors from Illinois. Mami's host sister, Kris, and her daughter, Alex, came to visit. They knew how it is to have a baby in the house since Kris has with her husband three children (!). The special thing about their family is that Dad stayed home and just had the first month of being home alone without any children there in eleven years! Kris, thank you for all the honest advise! I guess we are in for the long haul! Alex was happy to get some pretty cool souvenirs from Eugene (a pair of dye-died socks and an Oregon sweatshirt). For Alex, the visit was also quite the experience because she got to eat buffalo meat (she is a big meat eater). From now on, everything yummy will be called "buffalo."

Kris was not surprised that we did not see the sun this weekend. She spent a summer selling educational books in Eugene 18 years again and tells you that it was raining the entire summer ... When the sun was setting Saturday evening, Kris was jumping up and down outside our house to get a glimpse of it. Shortly after their plane left, my Mami had the impression that the sun was breaking through the clouds!

Something else really exciting happened today. My Mami dropped Kris and Alex off at the airport and since she just nursed me before they took off, my Papi decided to stay home with me. I think Mami was a little bit worried about us, but we had a good time. I cried a little bit, but then I enjoyed my "human pillow", that means my Papi's chest for a nice and good nap. When Mami got home, she found us happy and content. Mami, please do not worry as much, Papi and I are doing great when you are gone for a short while (I mean until I am hungry again:)

No comments: