Andrin kept us awake for most of the night. He decided that he needed to be nursed every 90 minutes. Twice, he decided that it was not worth to even bother going to sleep and wanted to be entertained by his sleepy parents. Finally, he gave us a rest at 4.30 am! (I am typing one-handed, Andrin is teaching me patience every step on our way!)
Today was just a normal, relaxed, beautiful fall day. Clemens has been working on some figures at home. But he admitted that he is not really progressing - too many cuddle-times with Andrin! I myself checked into some business this morning ... I have to renew my working permit and it takes them about 3 months to process two pages of paperwork. Well, I discovered a slight problem: We cannot apply for a special paper until we know which funding resource will be paying for Clemens' further research. He applied for different grants, but we will not know until December how much money and who will it be from. This means that I cannot reapply for the working permit until then ... When I first realized that, I was worried ... but thinking about it twice, it does not sound too bad to be able to stay home longer :) I notified my work place about the situation and we will see what will happen. Right now, we just have to wait and see which grant Clemens will receive (he had to submit the last grant on October first, just after Andrin was born and I think that is good luck!).
Andrin has been more awake today (which I hope is a good sign that he will sleep more during the night, but maybe that is just wishful thinking). We went for a walk after lunch and Andrin loved being in the sling. We stopped to talk with a girl at the Eugene City Bakery. She was in some of our Natural Childbirth Classes and is due in two weeks. She shared that she was ready for their baby and of course wanted to hear everything about our experience at the hospital. In the late afternoon, I took a sleeping Andrin upstairs with me with the intention of taking a nap. Well, these plans were overruled by "our ruler of the house." Andrin spit up some of the wonderful milk that he had a little while ago and we decided to give him a bath since he was so sticky. Just as we were finished, Rachel and Loic came by our house (they are currently staying in a friend's house around the corner). Loic recognized his old bathtub and enjoyed it very much.
There was one other event that I would like to point out: Clemens was changing Andrin and then told me that he had a present for me. He handed me something that I could not even regognize in the beginning. Andrin lost his umbilical cord and now has a "normal" belly button!
No comments:
Post a Comment