Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Another day ...

Clemens has been bugging me if I have written the blog for today ... I just got up from taking a nap with Andrin (he is still sleeping) and I feel like I have some energy again. Last night started really well with Andrin sleeping in his crib after being nursed at 11.00 pm and 12.30 am. But then he got really upset and was crying for almost an hour. Of course he did not want to sleep by himself after that. I guess we are just figuring everything out. Clemens and I saw a DVD (the happiest baby on the block) and the methods that the pediatrician is suggesting in there have been helpful in calming him down.
This morning, Andrin was really awake. It is wonderful to see his blue eyes (Clemens is convinced that he has my eyes) and see him tracking your face, listening, and thinking hard about life.
Andrin loves music and he calms down whenever we play something for him. It was interesting to see how he reacted to hearing a CD that I listened to many times while being pregnant. He was instantly calm, looked at me with an amazing intensity and listened to me singing along (I do not know the words since it is a CD in Greek). I have been trying to sing to him a lot lately anyway and he seems to enjoy that. After lunch, we went for a little stroll along the neighborhood (I was told by my dear friend Nisha today that she was surprised to hear that I had been up and walking already last week since there is something like the "Wochenbett" (translates somehow to "in bed for a week") and I must have missed that concept. I guess it is like the Japanese concept of "not touching the water" for a month which means that you are not allowed to cook, clean, ... (our Japanese friends told us about it).
Clemens and I sometimes look at each other and cannot understand and express our luck! We are looking at our baby boy and tell each other how lucky we are and how good of a job we did :) I know that we are not objective, but for us, he is the most precious thing in the world (and I do not mean "precious" like in the Lord of the Rings series, Clemens :)

No comments: